Repost of issue/question

Hi James!
I have installed MobyDick on the prepared servers. I have gone through the steps in the video, minus the web access. After configuring the eth0 NIC with the IP address, I am unable to access the web interface. I am unable to ping out, but I can see my MAC on the switch. I have checked my switch configuration and it is correct. But I can’t ping out. But my secondary server can ping the DNS, but my Primary cannot ping any other machine. Is there a step I’m missing or a trick to getting the communication to work? Is there something with Moby Dick that I can check to see why? I have checked my firewall, and the IPs are not being blocked. They are allowing ports 22,80,443. So web access is not being blocked. Are there other ports I need to add to the firewall to ensure accessibility?

I am using the current version, as of october 17th… Would Stable be better to try than current?

Thank you for any assistance.

Jenn

Should you have any other questions - please feel free to leave your questions here or start a new thread!

I have installed stable on both servers, instead of the current.

I solved this by changing the default gateway on the server. I had configured the Eth0 to my management network (10.x.x.x) and Eth3 is my “heartbeat” connection (i’m planning on cluster configuration). For some reason the default gateway changed to the 192.168.x.x network after configuring the Eth3. IS there some sort of pre-disposition for the system to favor 192.168.x.x. network? I will say, I noticed when installed the secondary server, not configuring eth3 prior to checking, the server did do default gateway to eth0 10.x.x.x. But as soon as I added the eth3, it changed default gateway to 192.168.100.1.